Resources for COVID-19 Assistance
During the COVID-19 crisis, many of us are experiencing unexpected hardships. If you or someone you know are in need of assistance, please look at the resources linked below. If you have any questions or wonder about information not listed here, please use our Ask A Librarian form to submit your questions and a librarian will respond within 24 hours.
For questions relating to COVID-19, you can:
Text: COVID19 to 211-211
Milwaukee County created the Community Resource Guide which has a variety of resources for the community.
- The CDC provides information on COVID-19 and guidelines for dealing with the virus
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services has information about COVID-19 and Wisconsin’s response to the virus
- Milwaukee County Department of Health and Human Services has the latest information about Milwaukee County’s response to the virus and county statistics
- West Allis Health Department’s Facebook page has up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 in West Allis.
- Hunger Task Force remains open in service to seniors, low-income households, and children throughout Milwaukee County.
- Hunger Tasks Force keeps an updated list of Emergency Food Distribution Sites. This includes information relating to Senior Stockboxes, school meal sites and outdoor emergency food distribution sites.
- West Allis/West Milwaukee School District offers free, healthy grab-and-go meals for any child 18 years and younger, Monday through Friday. A list of locations can be found here.
- The Department of Workforce Development has resources for the public, including support with unemployment benefits and job center updates.
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits here.
- Visit the IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments website to check the status of your stimulus payment here and see other relief options for individuals and businesses.
Taxes and Tax Forms
- The IRS tax deadline extended to July 15, 2020.
- The Wisconsin tax deadline extended to July 15, 2020.
- West Allis Library has the following forms available for curbside pickup. Call 414-302-8500 to request your forms and schedule your pickup time.
- Wisconsin Form 1
- Wisconsin Schedule H/H-EZ (Homestead Credit Claim form)
- Federal 1040 form
- Federal 1040 instructions