West Allis Public Library provides access to a variety of databases. These databases include:
- Ancestry is a source for family history. Please note, Ancestry is in library use only.
- Badgerlink provides Wisconsin residents a variety of resources from personal interest to educational research.
- Creativebug provides over 1,000 online, video based art and craft courses led by experts. Classes cover a number of areas including crocheting, sewing, painting, paper crafts and so much more! You will need a West Allis library card to access this resource.
- Gale Courses deliver engaging, instructor-led online courses focused on professional development, technology skills (including Microsoft Office applications), and personal enrichment to transform lives and foster positive changes in your community.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library is a collection of eBooks that include books on the environment, history, literature, medicine, multicultural studies, religion, science, social science and technology.
- Heritage Quest Online is an essential collection of unique material for both genealogical hobbyists and professionals, with coverage dating back to the late 1700s.
- Legal Information Reference Center offers the everyday user the necessary tools and detailed "how-to" instructions covering a wide-range of legal issues.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center offers comprehensive data and independent analysis on thousands of investments.
- Newsbank provides full text Milwaukee Journal, Greenfield-West Allis NOW and Heritage Hub (formerly America’s Obituaries and Death Notices).
- Reference Solutions Reference USA has a name change, and is now Reference Solutions. It remains the number 1 source of information on businesses and people for small business owners, marketing professionals, researchers and job seekers. Use this resource to create marketing plans, conduct competitive analysis, raise funds and locate people.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center is the definitive online tool for small engine repair assistance.
- Salem Health is Magill’s Medical Guide covers diseases, disorders, treatments, procedures, specialties, anatomy, biology and other medical issues.
- Salem History is Milestone Documents in American History combines full text primary source documents with expert analysis and commentary.
- Salem Literature is Magill’s Literary Annual
- Udemy provides on-demand video courses in the areas of business, tech, and person development across 75+ different categories.
- Worldbook Online is the classic encyclopedia online with current events, monthly features and multimedia.
To access databases from a computer outside the West Allis Library, enter your 14-digit library card number when prompted.
To view more useful research tools, visit CountyCat.