Whole Body Wellness: Mindful Eating
Join librarian Desirae as she discusses the benefits of mindful eating. The program will include a special mindful eating exercise, and attendees will receive a mindful eating wellness kit! Register by calling 414-320-8500 or online at westallislibrary.org/events.
- Friday, April 9th at 9:30 am
Whole Body Wellness: Fresh Air Fridays
Join Susie Melott, of Yoga Is Served in West Allis, for 45 minutes of breath work, meditation and mindful movement outdoors! We’ll meet on the grass between the library parking lot and Library Square. Please bring your own yoga mat or a beach towel. Register by calling 414-320-8500 or online at westallislibrary.org/events.
- Friday, May 7th at 10 am (Rain date: May 14th)
- Friday, June 4th at 10 am (Rain date: June 11th)
- Friday, July 9th at 10 am (Rain date: July 16th)
- Friday, Aug. 6th at 10 am (Rain date: Aug. 13th)
Spring Into Action: Simple Tips to Declutter
Why is it so hard to get rid of clutter? Because it’s not a practical process but an emotional one. Our partners at Library Square will help us explore how we think about our belongings and how to change our mindset. Get motivated to cull your belongings with simple tips, and feel lighter this spring! With Margaret Finley, Executive Director, Library Square.
- Tuesday, April 13th at 6:30 pm
We’ll provide the coloring pages, you provide the creativity! Coloring Club coloring packets are available at the adult information desk the third Thursday of each month. Take a packet home to color and post your completed works of art on social media before the next coloring club for a chance to win a prize! The upcoming dates are:
- Thursday, April 15th
- Thursday, May 20th
Cooped Up Crafts Take Home Kit (Live Virtual Event)
In April we are making a paper flower wall hanging! Registration is required and begins March 30th. Register by calling 414-302-8500 or online at westallislibrary.org/events. Pick up your kit between April 12-20. A Zoom meeting link will be emailed to you prior to the event.
- Tuesday, April 20th at 6 pm
Books & Coffee
A casual, Saturday morning book club for adults. Join us via Zoom with a cup of coffee (or beverage of your choice) and a book discussion. To receive information call 414-302-8500. If you would like updates and reminders, ask to join our Books & Coffee email list! The upcoming dates are:
- Saturday, April 17th at 10 am: A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline
- Saturday, May 15th at 10 am: Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
- Saturday, June 19th at 10 am: The Scribe of Siena by Melodie Winawer
- Saturday, July 17th at 10 am: Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Saturday, Aug. 21st at 10 am: Three Hours in Paris by Cara Black
ARTalk: Jewelry Design Beyond the Torch
Mary Wohlgemuth and Michael Thee of Flow, a Milwaukee jewelry studio, will talk about their jewelry making, teaching and Milwaukee-made tools. Join us whether you’re interested in designing jewelry yourself or just curious about the creative process! Registration is required. Register by calling 414-302-8500 or online at westallislibrary.org/events. Registered participants will receive an email with a link to the Zoom event the day before the meeting.
- Tuesday, April 27th at 6:30 pm